Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Life Dedicated To Exposing The Frauds and Educating The Gullible

Ever wondered about faith healers, parapsychologists, psychic surgeons, Extrasensory perception, and claims to have been abducted by UFO's? "James Randi has an international reputation as a magician and escape artist, but today he is best known as the world's most tireless investigator and demystifier of paranormal and pseudo scientific claims. He is a a detective of the incredible and a teacher to the gullible."

"Why people are so drawn to the irrational has always puzzled me. I want to, if I can,be as sure of the real world around me as is possible...I want the greatest degree of control. I've never involved myself in narcotics of any kind. I don't smoke. I don't drink because that can easily just fuzz the edges of my rationality, fuzz the edges of my reasoning powers and I want to be aware as I possibly can. That means giving up a lot of fantasies that might be comforting in some ways but I'm willing to give that up in order to live in an actually real world as close as I can get to it."

(YouTube)

No comments: