Sunday, February 08, 2009

Wafa Sultan's Impassioned Plea for Us to Defend Our Values and Our Country



An interview with Wafa Sultan: (Read) I was a faithful Muslim up to the moment I witnessed the killing of my teacher. That moment heavily traumatized me and I began to dive deeply into the Islamic texts to figure out what is the nature of G-d I have been worshiping. However, I was not able to freely express my thoughts, until I immigrated to the US where I have been exposed to various cultures and religious beliefs. It’s the power of a liberated mind that helps me to become who I am today. I started to publish my articles in Arabic at the first week I was in the US . Prior to Sep. 11th, I was warned by CAIR official not to cross the “red line.” Believe it or not, even here in America they were trying to prevent me from freely expressing myself. However, the tragedy of 9/11 released all inhibitions and fears and helped me to become who I am today.

No comments: